Monday, November 29, 2010

Jennifer + Mike: Wedding in Pocantico Hills, NY

Phew!  I FINALLY have a minute to upload some weddings I photographed this summer!  This was one of my favorites.  Jennifer and Mike are a really down-to-earth, sweet couple.  I felt right at home with them, which always leads to the best, intimate photos.

They had their ceremony at the Union Church of Pocantico Hills where Matisse and Chagall made the stained glass windows!  Apparently, one of the Rockefellers used to worship here and that's how the windows got commissioned.  Well, photography is majorly restricted in that church due to the artwork.  But it is a  pretty location for a small wedding, especially in the autumn.  Then everyone headed over to the Rowsley Estate in Scarsdale for the reception.  It's a great old 19th century mansion with an equally great old tree out front.  I had by coincidence shot a wedding there exactly one year ago to the day, and again I was really inspired by that tree!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful shot. When you say photography was restricted, do you mean no flash? And how did you work around it?

    ReplyDelete